Béchamel sauce ingredients
200 ml milk
25g plain flour
140g cheddar, grated
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
80 ml Green Chilli Jam
2 large slices of white bread
- Make the Bechamel sauce—in a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter until bubbles start to form, add flour - whisk together and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk to obtain a thick sauce and fold in the Worcestershire.
- Add the cheddar cheese to the Bechamel sauce and combine until the cheese is melted through.
- Heat a grill on a high setting.
- Butter the bread slices with the jam, leaving half to one side.
- Place the bread on a flat baking sheet, coat with the sauce, add a dollop of jam on top and grill until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.