100 ml olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup parsley
500 g frozen spinach
250 g ricotta cheese
200 ml Green Chilli Jam
100 ml vegetable stock
500 g tofu, cut into 1 cm cubes
1 pack of lasagna sheets
Make béchamel sauce - tap here for instructions
100 g Parmesan cheese
100 g mozzarella cheese
Béchamel Sauce Ingredients
200 ml milk
25g plain flour
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion—cook until translucent.
- Add the parsley, spinach and stir well.
- Then add the ricotta, tofu, stock and jam—allow to simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes and then remove from the heat and let the mixture cool down.
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Make the béchamel sauce—in a small saucepan over a medium heat, melt butter until bubbles start to form, add flour - whisk together and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk to obtain a thick sauce. Season with salt and pepper and fold in the Worcestershire. Pour 1/4 of the sauce into a baking dish that is 2.5 cm deep.
- Spread evenly 4 lasagna pasta sheets on top of the sauce.
- Spoon spinach mix over the sheets evenly and then layer 4 lasagna pasta sheets on top of the mix, pour 1/4 béchamel sauce over the sheets and repeat the layering process 3 more times—ending with the tofu mix.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan and mozzarella—bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the lasagna to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.