200 ml Turmeric Coconut Banana Chutney
4 tbsp honey
3 tbsp cornflour
2 cups milk
2 large egg yolks, slightly beaten
2 tbsp butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla paste
100 g almonds, crushed
250 g sugar
50 ml water
- Whisk the milk, honey and chutney together.
- Heat a saucepan on medium heat and add the milk mixture.
- Add the cornflour and salt—whisk continuously.
- Allow mixture to thicken and come to a boil—stir for 1 minute whilst boiling.
- Stir at least half of the hot mixture into the bowl with the egg yolks and then stir back into hot mixture in saucepan. Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat—stir in butter and vanilla.
- Pour pudding into dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle broken toffee pieces (see instructions below) on top of the puddings and serve
- Heat a saucepan on a medium temperature.
- Pour the sugar in a saucepan with the water and cook down slowly while stirring continuously.
- When the toffee starts boiling, allow it to boil until it starts changing to a toffee colour.
- Remove from heat, place parchment paper on a baking tray, pour toffee over and sprinkle with the crushed almonds.
- Place the toffee in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, remove and break into pieces.