2 tbsp pine nuts
2 tsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped finely
100 g baby spinach
100 g smoked ham, coarsely chopped
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
4 eggs, beaten
2/3 cup self raising flour
1 cup milk
100 ml Cranberry Cinnamon Jam
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the pine nuts in a non-stick pan on a medium heat and brown—transfer to a small bowl. Heat the oil in the same pan—add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Reserve 1/2 cups spinach. Add remaining spinach to the pan and cook, stir continuously until wilted. Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle ham and cheddar into the mixture.
- Combine the eggs, flour, milk and cream in a jug—pour into the pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set.
- Butter our jam over the top while the quiche is still hot.
- Sprinkle with the pine nuts and remaining spinach.
- Slice and serve cold.