1 tbsp vegetable oil
500 g beef chuck stew meat, cut into cubes
100 g flour
2 tbsp BBQ Steak Seasoning
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and cut into rounds
2 stalks celery, chopped
Pepper and salt to taste
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp tomato paste
250ml beef stock
1 cup red wine
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
In puff pastry, rice or mash potato
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pot over a medium temperature.
- Combine the flour and seasoning in a bag—hold the top to seal and give it a good shake.
- Put the beef in the bag and shake around until the meat is fully coated.
Add the beef to the pot piece by piece and cook until seared on all sides—transfer beef to a plate.
In the same pot, cook the onion, carrots, and celery until soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic and tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add beef back in the pot with the stock, wine and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer—season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Cover and let simmer until beef is tender, about 30-45 minutes.
- Ladle into serving bowls with pastry, rice or mash potato.