500 g beef mince
100ml olive oil
1 onion, chopped
300 g potatoes, blanched and cut into cubes
100ml beef stock
200 ml Plum Garlic Chutney
1 tsp Salt
1 sheet puff pastry
50 g flour
1 egg, whisked
- Heat the oil in a saucepan on a medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the beef, salt and pepper—cook until the meat is cooked through.
- Add the chutney, stock and potatoes—combine and allow to simmer until the juices have reduced by half. Set aside and allow mixture to cool.
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Dust a dry surface with the flour and get a pie dish that is 20 cm in diameter.
- Lay the pastry down and place the reverse side of the pastry dish on the pastry and cut around the dish with a sharp knife.
- Set the pie dish the right side up to the side and fill it with the meat mixture.
- Place the cut out pastry on top of the pie dish and use a paint brush to egg wash the top.
- Put the pie in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Slice and serve with a dollop of our Tomato Sauce.