3 tsp olive oil
1 red onion, diced finely
1 red capsicum, chopped
500g chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
3 tbsp of our Mexican Seasoning
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can black beans
4 tomatoes, chopped
2 cups water
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Sour cream and diced avocado
- Heat the oil in a large pan on medium temperature.
- Add the onions, garlic and capsicum—cook for 5 minutes.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, add to pan and brown the chicken pieces.
- Add the fresh tomatoes and seasoning—cook down for 10 minutes.
- Incorporate the canned tomatoes, beans, uncooked rice —cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the water, stir, bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer and cover the pan with a tight fitting lid.
- Cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed—stir periodically.
- Preheat the grill to a high temperature.
- Sprinkle cheese on top, place under the grill until cheese has melted.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and avocado pieces on top.