Bread Rolls filled with Fig and Chilli
1 package active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs, beaten
4 cups flour
100 ml Fig Chilli Ginger Chutney
- Mix the yeast, warm water and sugar together in the bowl and let stand for 5 minutes.
Mix in the milk, oil, salt and eggs.
- Add in the flour gradually and combine. Once all the flour is incorporated, knead for about 8 minutes.
- Place the dough a lightly greased bowl and cover with cling film and wrap in a towel and all the yeast to prove for 1 hour.
- Dust the a surface with flour and preheat the over at 180C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
Cut the dough in half—work with one portion at a time. Roll the dough out in a rectangle about 1 cm thick. Cut each piece into 6 portions.
- Add the chutney in the centre of each piece of dough—bring all 4 corners of the dough up to the centre and pinch together to seal.
- Place on a baking tray and bake until the buns are golden brown—15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device