3 cups flour
3 tbsp Spicy Chicken Seasoning
1 1/3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
2 egg yolks, beaten
1 ½ cups buttermilk
vegetable oil for deep fat frying
- In a bowl, mix together 3 cups of flour and the seasoning.
- In a separate bowl, stir together 1 1/3 cups flour, salt, pepper, egg yolks and buttermilk.
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer to 175C.
Moisten each piece of chicken with a little water, then dip in the dry mix. Shake off excess and dip in the wet mix.
- Place the chicken pieces in the hot oil—fry for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towelling.
- Serve with our Tomato Sauce.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device